Freshman Summer Research Institute (FSRI)
The Freshman Summer Research Institute (FSRI) provides a comprehensive program of orientation and academic support designed to ease the transition from high school to college while building a strong research foundation. FSRI is designed to introduce incoming underrepresented and/or underserved first- year students to Caltech's research and math curriculum, culture, academic and student support services.
This fully-funded program offers each participant:
- A 5-week summer research assignment with a Caltech faculty member, postdoctoral scholar, or graduate student
- A 4-week opportunity to prepare for Caltech's first year math course
- Room and board on Caltech’s campus
- Group field trips, excursions, and social activities
- Opportunities to learn and engage in first-year student programing and Caltech culture
- Travel assistance available for those who qualify
The 2020 dates for the Freshman Summer Research Institute are July 12th through August 16th. Applications for FSRI will be made available in February 2020.
For more information about this program, email Taso Dimitriadis or call (626) 395-8108.
Check out our latest Summer 2019 FSRI Report: