The Freshman Summer Research Institute (FSRI) provides a comprehensive program of orientation and academic support designed to ease the transition from high school to college while building a strong research foundation. FSRI is designed to introduce incoming underrepresented and/or underserved first- year students to Caltech's research and math curriculum, culture, academic and student support services.
This fully-funded program offers each participant:
- A 5-week summer research assignment with a Caltech faculty member, postdoctoral scholar, or graduate student.
- A 4-week opportunity to prepare for Caltech's first year math course.
- Room and board on Caltech's campus.
- Group field trips, excursions, and social activities.
- Opportunities to learn and engage in first-year student programing and Caltech culture.
- Travel assistance available for those who qualify.
Learn more about FSRI
For more information about this program, email Taso Dimitriadis or call (626) 395-8108.
Check out our latest Summer 2020 Report.