Many academic positions now ask for a diversity statement as part of the application process. Co-facilitated by the CCID and Hixon Writing Center, this interactive workshop will examine the importance of a diversity statement and provide tools to create your own. We will also discuss strategies for creating inclusive and productive environments for all students.
By the end of the training session, participants will be able to:
- Define a diversity statement
- Identify methods to approach tor write a diversity statement
- Construct a diversity statement outline
- Develop best practices towards more inclusive classrooms
- Describe their personal diversity philosophy