Deepening your Mentoring Relationship
Informal mentoring relationships are set up with four stages.
1. Building the relationship
2. Exchanging information and setting goals
3. Working towards goals/deepening the engagement
4. Ending the formal mentoring relationship and planning for the future.
Right now you let's look to explore how working towards your goals and deepening your engagement is the focus.
Reflect on progress toward goals and on the relationship itself.
Consider discussing the following:
- What are the benefits of the relationship up to this point? How am I helping you (mentee) achieve your goals?
- What changes do you see in yourself and in the way you approach your work as a result of the mentoring relationship?
- What kinds of adjustments or changes, if any, are needed in your goals or in our relationship?